Create Your Own Familiar

We've been traveling around the country visiting schools and at each one the students have created their own Familiar Story.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

(Andrew) My Familiar - Elvis

In our book, THE FAMILIARS, we follow the adventures of three animal companions to a trio of young wizards. There's an alley cat (mistaken) to have telekinetic abilities, a blue jay who can cast illusions, and a tree frog with the power to see visions of past, present, and future in pools of water. And it got me thinking. What magical talent would my dog, Elvis, who I oft times think of as my familiar, possess?



After much consideration, I've decided to go with supersonic snoring. Yes. Elvis is the four-legged freight train. The canine caboose. His snores could shatter windows, stun bad guys into paralysis, and even wipe out whole city blocks. Perhaps not the sexiest of superpowers (indestructability, invisibility, flight), but fitting nonetheless.



What magical talent does your familiar possess? Tell us your pet's superpower. And if you can send a pic, even better!

2 comments:

  1. I have my Normy and Casey (visit link for pics):
    http://normyandcasey.shutterfly.com/

    Both are Boxers with distinctly different personalities. Normy has had allergies/odd illnesses/injuries since he was born. He is a total wiener, mama's boy nerd, and I love him so! Casey, Normy's "Big American Girlfriend", is rough, tough, athletic, pretty and has been naughty since the day I brought her home from the pound. She, too, is the love of my life. When we go to the beach, Casey tears it up in the waves, could catch the ball for hours while Normy sets up his chess board in the dunes and waits until we're ready to go home so he can read.

    That being said, my buddies would have combined super powers as they are like Dan and Ann from "Where the Red Fern Grows"; they complement each other perfectly, and I think one would die without the other. (Sorry if I ruined the end of that for anyone. . . ) Or, like "Freak the Mighty", another great tween book. I've decided, without each other, they are as mentioned above. Together, they are Speedy Genius. After all the reading Normy has done, he is fluent in 10 languages, knows how to pick locks and can decode any message. Casey, my dumb blond (I'm blond), would have incredible bursts of speed to carry Normy anywhere around the world needing their help.

    This was a fun diversion from work. . .thanks :O)

    ReplyDelete